Monday, June 20, 2016

Where did I love you?

Where did I love you,
let me count the ways, winding into the cities

over a castle's hedge, at the edge of the universe
when I lacked sleep and prayed for insomnia never to reach you

in an old town, we knew by birth
while we looked for a brown leather bag and begged the day not to leave

on the rooftop of a very tall building
where falling means for once, actually breaking a bone

between the metro stations in a busy city
that sent down rain the day you forgot to enter its gates

on a flight homeward
over a war-zone, passing with each breath a prayer

on a swing
that played our destiny by the glasses of wine drunk

this is a small list of insignificant places I loved you
like all women, places don't matter
when its hero lived in a corner
sometimes covered, sometimes uncovered in the heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment